Complex Property Division
For high net worth couples facing divorce, financial and property matters often take center stage. Resolving complex property division requires addressing a wide range of complex issues. Your attorney must understand how to:
- Ensure an accurate valuation of all assets, both marital and nonmarital
- Determine whether assets (and their increases in value) are marital or nonmarital
- Analyze whether nonmarital assets have been commingled with marital property
- Oversee the preparation of qualified domestic relations orders (QDROs) and other key documents
- Address any issues that arise regarding hidden assets
- Propose a fair and favorable resolution that meets your objectives
At the Louisville law firm of Burbank & Collins, P.S.C., we are well-versed in these nuanced issues. With decades of experience focusing solely on high net worth cases, our attorney provides intelligent legal counsel for clients across the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Because of our niche focus on high-asset divorce — as well as our invaluable connections with top-rated financial experts — we can readily address the complexities of your financial situation.
Decades Of Experience Navigating Complex Issues
Over the course of her accomplished career, lawyer Reneaux Collins has successfully navigated divorce cases involving:
- International assets
- Business interests
- Multigenerational assets and related trust and estate issues
- Retirement accounts and executive compensation plans
- Stock options and investment accounts
- Equine interests and other agrarian interests
- Real estate, including the marital home, investment properties and vacation properties
Ms. Collins is widely recognized as a leader in family law. She remains on the leading edge of new developments in this continually evolving field. Additionally, her collegial approach to working with even the most obstructionist opposing counsel gives her the ability to customize more favorable and nuanced settlements that both sides perceive as “win-win.”
Locating Hidden Assets
In high-stakes divorce cases, issues sometimes arise concerning hidden assets. Locating overseas accounts, for example, may require extensive investigation.
Ms. Collins leverages a wealth of resources and connections to address these issues. Having written and spoken on this topic, she possesses an in-depth understanding of the nuances involved.